eSports (Electronic Sports)
Esports (also known as electronic sports, e-sports, or eSports) is a form of competition using video games. Most commonly, esports takes the form of organized, multiplayer video game competitions.
Registration for eSports 2019 Fall Season is open for SHDHS Students.
League of Legends (abbreviated LoL) is a fast-paced, competitive multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game with the world’s largest gaming community. The game requires critical thinking and teamwork, where each player must support one another to succeed. Teams of five compete head-to-head across multiple maps and game modes. Learn more about League of Legends.
- Match Day And Time: Tuesdays 4 pm
- Format: 5v5, best of 2
- Game Mode: Summoner’s Rift
- Match Duration: ~45 mins
Rocket League is a sports-action game that combines soccer with driving. Like traditional soccer, the goal of the game is to score more points than the opposing team; however, this unique approach introduces exhilarating momentum, speed and vehicular control to the mix. Since the game’s initial launch in 2015, it has amassed a community of over 51 million players. Rocket League is published by San Diego-based game studio, Psyonix.
- Match Day And Time: Thursdays 4 pm
- Format: 3v3, best of 5
- Game Mode: Soccer
- Match Duration: ~25 mins
SMITE is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) where players pilot mythological characters and try to control a three-lane map. Teams of five players much work together to level up their characters and secure map objectives on a mission to siege the enemy’s base and defeat the opposing Titan. SMITE quickly established itself as one of the top three MOBA games with over 25 million players across around the world.
- Match Day And Time: Wednesdays 4 pm
- Format: 5v5, best of 2
- Game Mode: Conquest
- Match Duration: ~20 mins
League of Legends
League of Legend
- All players must be currently enrolled in high school in order to compete. Each high school must be a current member of their state athletics association.
- All players must be in good standing at their high schools. Players can lose eligibility before and during the season due to unsportsmanlike conduct.
- All players must be over the age of 13.
- All regular season matches must happen on campus with a coach present.
- A team will automatically forfeit their match if they are not ready to play within 30 minutes from their official match time.
Code of Conduct
High school athletics emphasize positive values. The participants and coaches have worked hard to create a sense of teamwork, respect, responsibility, and perspective. We remind you that good behavior is expected and that misconduct will not be tolerated. Let this competition reflect mutual respect among all participants, officials, and fans.
Ms. Alexandra Breeze
Mrs. Polyana Seguim
Mr. Jorge Carbwood